Sunday, April 17, 2011

An old post from April 2:

Hi friends.

So, we had sunshine today!  It was such a joy to see blues skies and sun.  I could hardly wait to finish cabin cleaning so that I could soak in some vitamin D :)  The sun was especially welcome after we had the snow Monday and sleet later week.

However, my sunshine time was cut a little short for two reasons: 1. The wind was pretty chilly.  2.  I was invited to learn to make Indian food with Suzanne.  Suzanne is one half of a missionary couple down here.  Suzanne is the Women and Children's Coordinator.  She's five feet tall of awesome!  (Her husband Bob is the Materials Coordinator of workcamp and pretty cool as well.)  So, I scampered off to fry some naan and stew some lamb.  Several hours later, my finger tips are stained yellow, my belly is full and my clothes smell like Taj India.  In other words, I had a blast.  Suzanne taught me to make naan (a little bit of a cheater kind), cucumber raita (the yogurty dish to cool everything down), tandori chicken, saag aloo (spinach, potatoes and spice!), kashmiri rogan josh (a lamb dish), and basmati (Indian rice).  Mmm Mmm good!




No comments:

Post a Comment