Thursday, March 10, 2011

Update :)

Recent happenings:
1. Our regular group of the season is here.  :D  They make me very happy.  It is such fun to have new people about and to head off campus to build things.  This week it is a mixed crew of college kids and community members.  They are new to RedBird Mission and quite laid back.

2.  We had Shrove Tuesday pancake dinner.  It was wonderful.  We had a crowd.  Linda organized everything as the pancake master.  I also became a church lady: you know, I made a beeline for the kitchen, said hello as I begin baking hashbrowns and flipping pancakes.   Of course this also meant a few pancakes never made to the serving line, but there is a kitchen tax after all.

3.  I had a semi-spring break despite the fact I don't attend school right now.  I went to Candler by way of Birmingham for a scholarship event Fri-Sun am in Birmingham and then Sunday-Wednesday morning at Candler.  Then there was Wednesday evening in Birmingham finished off by a trip to New Orleans for the Endymion ball with my family.  Fun all the way around.

4.  I get my own workcrew this coming week.  I am both scared and excited!

3 comments:

  1. Fun times! I am heading to London Tuesday morning until Friday morning! Do you have crews this week? Any free seconds for visitors? I would love to see RB Mission! Might could juggle ASP & RBM a summer?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey! I definitely have a few seconds for visitors. I get Wednesday off. Or if you came by one evening, I am fairly free in the evenings. Let me know. I can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your such a "light" in the darkness! I sooo enjoyed our visit today! Can't wait to come back and hopefully visit before you get back into the groove of school! Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete