Monday, February 7, 2011

Hope


Emily Dickinson wrote, "Hope is the thing with feathers, That perches in the soul, And sings in tune, Without  the words.  And never stops at all."

An Italian priest on the frontlines of the anti-human trafficking movement said two things about hope, "Hope is a precursor to a miracle for people of faith." and "I am a man of hope; I do not accept the suffering of others."

Paraphrasing Hebrews 11:1 Jim Wallis says, "Hope is believing in spite of the evidence and watching the evidence change."


Well, I don't have much insightful to say.  I will say that I think hope is what keeps people going.  I think it might be when people lose hope that situations get really crappy, that might be part of the oppression of the slums or of poverty in general...I don't really know.  I do know I like working with organizations that bring hope.  Because of the hope in a better world through JC (you know, Jesus Christ) people can work together in places and situations where pain and tough stuff are easy to spot but where you have to take a few steps back, cock your head to one side and squint hard to see hope, future, possibility.  It's in these places where miracles happen.  I've been blessed to pass through many places that bring holy hope.  I'm in one now and it's pretty cool.  :)

Oh, and, that the King's Speech is an AWESOME movie!  And that cleaning ladies are probably very strong women.  I have scrubbed a few showers today and my arms are bushed.  So, I advise the general populace to avoid angering cleaning ladies.  You will probably lose that fight.

Now, I really think that I'm done...


No comments:

Post a Comment